Prev: Re: [OT] Sevice Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 04:52:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium

--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Gee, if we refused to let people out tell it was
> over, maybe we would have
> taken the whole mess serriously enough to either not
> get involved (realize
> it wasn't worth it before we went in), or fought it
> with a real national
> effort to win (to bring the boys home so they would
> be there for 20 years).
> What we did was to "manage" the conflict (try to
> keep any major disasters
> from happening while keeping expenses low enough to
> not require economic
> sacrifices from the civilians back home, and all of
> this was so the
> poloticians could be re-elected).  It didn't work.

1)You're wrong, and not even cleverly so.

2)Your point re: the draft is actually a point re: the
individual replacement system, which was stupid.  But
people can only spend so much time on line before
becoming combat ineffective, barring the 1-2% that
never burn out (and who would be psychotics if they
weren't in the military).  I prefer a unit rotation
system.

John

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Sevice Next: Re: [FT] Avalanche's Imperium