Prev: Re: Using Elite SOF Next: Re: [SG] Multiple firings per activation

Re: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:49:45 -0600
Subject: Re: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...

On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 12:01:02 -0800, "David L. Dunn - DLD Productions"
<david@dldproductions.com> wrote:

>Tell that to the numb-skulls. Beg to differ......a .50 cal can punch a
whole right through
>a M-113.  Armored Personnel Carrier. Been there, done that.  Imagine,
trying to convince
>the numb-skulls that the .50 cal is only there to scare you. It won't
"really" do anything
>to you, so ignore it. D'OH! :o

It's one of those simplifications in SG2. Sure, the machine gun should
have
some impact value. On the other hand, SG2 abstracts a lot of stuff. If
you
assume that the machine gun is in the base fire team, pinning the enemy
down,
while the other fire team in the squad is able to maneouvre around and
do the
actual killing, you have a pretty good idea of what happens with SG2
combat
results.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Using Elite SOF Next: Re: [SG] Multiple firings per activation