Prev: Re: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really... Next: RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...

Re: [SG] Multiple firings per activation

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:55:23 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] Multiple firings per activation

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:44:05 -0500, "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>
wrote:

>My own experience with this is that it tends to
>bog the game down.

It will certainly slow down the game...

> I suppose
>ones view on this largely depends on the squad
>makeup, quality, leaderships, etc. that one
>tends to work with - I tend to have two
>fireteams per squad and moderate leadership
>values, so obtaining pinning results isn't all that
>hard for a defender, who already enjoys the
>benefits of cover and IP.

How do you handle fire teams, as little squads with morale limitations
tied to
the squad as a whole?

If you operate with a squad = 2 fire teams, then yes, allowing two fire
actions will bog down the game.

However, some of us are heretics and assume that fire teams are
abstracted
into the squad rules. A squad -- in spite of being made up of a number
of
figures -- is the lowest unit in the game, much like a single squad
counter in
Advanced Squad Leader. In this case, allowing units to fire twice won't
bog
down the game quite as much. Your analysis that squads will slow down is
well
taken, though.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really... Next: RE: (SG2)Gunfight at the semi-OK Cor-Ral, really...