Prev: Re: [SG] First SG Game Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams

Re: [SG] asphalt bases

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian.johnson@s...>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 19:12:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] asphalt bases

Hi folks,

>I'm basing my 15mm UN troops (hm, UN, KV, IF...I seem to take the Bad
>Guys a lot) and am wondering how to get the effect of asphalt.  Righ
>now I'm thinking to put on glue, then sand, then a glue/water mix over
>top, then paint it black (with the occasional white or yellow lines
>for pavement markings).  Any other ideas?

This will work well, but use very fine grade sand.  Coarse sand will
give
you a look that is too rough, but if you get the really fine grade sand
available at pet stores that sell fish, that would work.  I don't use it
myself because when you glue it down the texture is too fine for what I
usually want, but I have a friend who uses that fine grade sand a lot,
and
for your application, I think it would work well.

I think it would be coral sand...???  Not sure though.

I really like John C's idea of using sandpaper, though as he points out,
that won't work if you can't get the figure off the base...

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: [SG] First SG Game Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams