Prev: Re: Small Alien Empires Next: Re: [SG] asphalt bases

Re: [SG] First SG Game

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:21:23 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] First SG Game

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 18:15:13 -0500, "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

> I'll have reinforcements on standby if needed
>("reinforcements" sounds so much better than "replacements")--but
>anyone want to offer advice on starting force levels?	I'm thinking of
>3-4 squads per each player to start, no snipers or vehicles...

In most of the convention games I ran, I was expecting 6 to 8 players. I
went
with desiging scenarios around two squads/vehicles per player, with one
player
in charge of the command squad (and thus the final arbiter of who
activates
when). In my Plasma Ambush scenario, one side had one squad each of PA
while
the other side had one squad and one vehicle per player.

Now, I was limited because of time _and_ size constraints. Having a
couple of
squads and APCs per player is good in case one squad is mulched. So, 3
or 4
squads per player shouldn't be too bad. You're expecting 2 to 4 players,
so
four squads per side (or roughly a platoon per side) should work out
fine.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Small Alien Empires Next: Re: [SG] asphalt bases