Prev: Maisto Vehicles Next: Re: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

[SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

From: kaladorn@m...
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:39:51 -0400
Subject: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

Scott mentions the US halftrack as having a .50 and a .30. This is
the standard APC halftrack. The Quad mount .50 I was referencing in
my piece was the ADA version of the M3 halftrack (the exact vehicle
code or name I don't have handy) whose rear fighting area was largely
occupied by a large .50 quad mount on some sort of rotating mount. It
was designed for ADA, but was very dangerous on the occassions it was
employed against infantry as it had a ludicrious volume of fire.

I like Allan's suggestion of treating infantry elements under fire
from ADA (air def arty) as if subject to terror. This just makes good
sense to me.

OTOH, Allan's suggestion of rolling each barrel separately seems also
reasonable, but a little on the time consuming side which is why I
roll QD + n FP or n FC dice depending on manual sights or actual FC
system. It's faster and probably produces a fair number of casualties
with less rolling.

RE: Nebelwerfers etc. Either treat a multi-tube launcher as a size up
(small Nebelwerfers treated as a medium single strike) or treat them
as multiple discreet strikes. Or perhaps roll deviation for the main
strike (or the first barrel), then deviate each individual shot
around that using d4 for distance and d12 for direction.

Keep in mind both Nebelwerfers and ADA should be dangerous, but not
the ultimate weapon to which no others compare.... there were an
awful lot of infantry, tanks, aircraft, etc. so they should also be
given their due and since SG2 intentionally palsies maximum infantry
weapons ranges, vehicle weapons, vehicle operations (how many things
can happen at once), etc., maybe keeping the artillery and ADA
slightly toned down from reality is only fair.

In the end, if it keeps you and your players happy, naught else
matters a tinkers cuss!

:) Tomb

Prev: Maisto Vehicles Next: Re: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track