Prev: Re: [FT/DS] Re: planetary invasion games. Next: Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps.

Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps.

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:37:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps.

Noam Izenberg wrote:

> >> I tell Zev to roll a six, he rolls a six.
> >> Repeat about 3 more times. Plus he enjoys rolling 5's and 6's
> >> with beam dice.
> >
> > Runs in the family then huh? ;)
>
> I think Zev has it better. I let him roll as many dice as he could fit
> in his hands (8 max I think). The nice thing about playing with a 4
> year old is that they get to shout "Six! Six!" with the unmitigated
> glee you've taught yourself to refrain from displaying as a polite and
> sprotsman-like adult. Well, "nice" would be the term only if said
> four-year-old is on _your_ team. Sorry Indy.

:-P ;-)

Yes, Zev was amazing. The first time we "discovered" his power
was after a series of him beating me on initiatives and then
blasting heavy hits into my ships. I don't remember what the
circumstance was (I think initiative?), but I said "Roll a 1",
and he did. Thereafter Noam overroad my suggestions and said
to roll a 4 or 5 or 6 (depending on whether it was initiative
or beam fire) and invariably Zev would do exactly that. It
hurt, lemme tell ya.  ;-)

> > Good to see Indy was actually getting some hits in though ;)
>
> Yep. As I said, I think it came down to initiative wins in the end.

Agreed. There were more than a couple times that if I had had
initiative I could have actually destroyed an ESU ship before
losing half the available firepower facing it.

>We
> (Indy and my team) both landed some strings of sixes that turned a 2
> point plink into a 6 or 8 point nightmare. Indy landed, I believe
> P-torp pairs for 8, 9, and 10 ponts. Both of us at different times
> ended up just outside each others' strongest arcs.

I remember doing two 9-point rolls. I remember doing a 4-point
roll. I don't remember a 10-point roll (not saying it didn't
happen; just saying brain too full to contain all details  :-/ ).

>  From Laserlight:
>
> > Is this a phase change?  Maybe Aaron and Indy are swapping talents?
>
> We may just be fleshing out the full parameter space. I think Aaron
and
> Indy catalyze each other in opposite directions, with the effect
> reduced or absent without the other present.

Possibly. I think Aaron's been over in China for the past couple
of months.

Anyway, no regrets on losing the game. It was good fun with few
forces (9 ships total). I'd rather lose a fun, teeth-gritting,
close game than win a boring, distracting, one-sided one.  :-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [FT/DS] Re: planetary invasion games. Next: Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps.