Prev: Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps. Next: Re: planetary invasion games.

Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps.

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:42:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps.

"Izenberg, Noam" wrote:

> Indy dropped by yesterday and we played a quick scenario he made for
FT Java
> (which I need to get running on my Mac. It was NAC vs. ESU with a
non-head
> to head setup (ESU BB's jumping int midfield with NAC BB's and CL's
facing
> away in two groups at either end). I ended up winning with four
crippled
> BB's (all on their last damage row, two within 5 hull of dead) vs a
heavy
> damaged Victoria.

Noam neglects to mention that at least half of those crippled
BBs had a lot of weapons left.	;-)  Only one had screens down
(which played a heavy roll in some of the NAC fire against
screen-active ships, when I rolled strings of 4s).

The NAC commander looked over the situation and realized there
was no way that he could escape (FTL shot out) and to continue
fighting, even against 4 crippled BBs, was folly (esp as mentioned
above, they still had a fair number of weapons available; also,
they were getting into the NAC BB's aft-arc). At least one of
the CLs managed to FTL out and contact the local NAC naval base
to advise them of the situation. The NAC may have lost the fight,
but there would be enough reinforcements sent out to deal with
the 4 ESU ships (assuming they stuck around for a while ;-).

Indy

Prev: Re: [FT] Indy hits with P-torps. Next: Re: planetary invasion games.