Prev: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals ) Next: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:50:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

At 4:29 PM +0100 9/16/02, Germ wrote:
>In the Starwars computer games you had a stardestroyer variant that had
>a gravity generator or some thing that would force ships nearby to drop
>out of hyperspace. There must be other Sci-Fi ways of almost netting
passing
>ships rather than have to rely on catching them at specific points.

Pirates don't operate off the coast of New York City. They operate in
choke points way outside of major powers spheres of influence when
they are attacking larger ships. The pirates in the South East Asian
areas are able to hide in massive numbers of islands and do take
things from larger ships.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -