Prev: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals ) Next: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:27:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

From: Roger Burton West roger@firedrake.org
>I wasn't thinking of that quite as much as the mid-points of the jump
chains. Say that Nakamura Lines operates a variety of ships between
Alpha Centauri and Sol, and that this takes seven successive jumps. It
makes sense to say that there's a particular section of space designated
as "the first jump out of Alpha-C", which all their ships will aim for -

I'd assign a separate jump point to each individual ship.  That way
you're
less likely to have two ships intersect, your security is better, and
you
still know where to look.  If someone does pirate a ship, you'll know
they
were looking for that specific ship, and you don't risk losing multiple
ships that were already in transit before you could get the word out.

http://mail2web.com/ .