Prev: Re: KH pictures Next: Re: GPS

Re: KH pictures

Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:48:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: KH pictures

> KSK equipment - Is one of the top pix of a guy on a
> vehicle with an
> HK-36 with a drum mag?

Yeah, it seems like a C-Mag or an equalient, can't
remember off the top of my head if the G36 is M16 mag
compatible. But, I don't think so.

> Royal Marine Commando Picture #24 - What's the
> weapon? A cutdown
> M249/minimi?

Yup, "Para" version, also see pic #2 of the frenchies.

> Swedish SSG - Special forces?
Swedish SSG is an Acronym for Speciella or Särskilda
SkyddsGruppen, it's composed of officers only and was
originally set up as a VIP protection unit, but it has
broaden its scope of activity, as it seems. :)
Theres been a bit of controversy about their
deployment to Afghanistan since it hasn't been there
as peacekeepers, but as a combat unit. Suprisingly
little though considering the pacifist attitude of our
press and politicians.

I'm a bit curious as to the pic indentified as
"Swedish Army Rangers" though, since our Rangers are
all conscripts, and conscripts are by law prohibited
from being sent abroad.
My money is on that they too are SSG, (due to the fact
they they are all carrying the army officers trademark
leatherman) or possibly soldiers from SweRap, our
quick deployment force.

Oh, and what the heck is the 96th Civil Affairs
Battalion (Airborne)? I mean, I understand the
designation and everything... Sounds like an odd
mission for a unit armed with specops gear... Maybe
they just try to look though, like our neighbor
platoon... :)

http://finance.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: KH pictures Next: Re: GPS