Prev: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E Next: Re: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

RE: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:36:18 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

On Friday, July 19, 2002 11:13 AM, Z. Lakel
[SMTP:zlakel@tampabay.rr.com]
wrote:
> All troops except where noted wear full battledress (d8) with superior
ECM, enhanced sensors, a d6 movement and carry IPW 80 personal weapons
(FP:3
IP:d12 - I see them basicly as powerguns).

> HQ Squad
> CO, Medic, FO, EW Trooper, 2 Marines
> Transported in 1 AV-6
>
> Morter Section
> 4 tubes with 2 crew each  What size morter would be appropriate?
> Transported in 2 AV-6's
The man-portable version.

> Pathfinder/Scout Section
> Squad Leader, 5 Marines
> Wear light armor (d4) and move d8.
> Transported in either an AV-6 or are paradroped
>
> Support Section:
> 2 AV-9 Gunships
>
> 3 Rifle Platoons:
>
> Platoon HQ Squad
> CO, PSG, Medic, Marksman w/ Sniping Laser, 2 Marines
> Transported in an AV-6
>
> 3 x Rifle Squads
> Squad Leaderm, Marine w/ AGL, Marine w/ SPW 82 (FP:d10, IP:d12*), 3
Marines
> Transported in an AV-6
>
> Support Squad
> Squad Leader, 3 Marines w/ GMS/P (superior guidence), 2 Marines
As an artifact of the rules, having more than 2 GMS is inefficient, as
you
only get 2 fire actions per activation.  The third does give you
redundancy
(or do what I do, and make every support marine carry 2 extra reloads as
part of their kit).

> Stats for AV-6:
> Size 2, Armor 1, Chin turret GAC/1 w/ Enh Firecon, Enh ECM, Space for
7
Marines
VTOL I presume?

> Stats for AV-9
> Size 3, Armor 1 (is 2 allowed?), Chin turret GAC/1, 2 Fixed GAC/1, 2
GMS/H, all firecons superior, Sup ECM
According to the construction rules, you have too many weapons (5 heavy
weapons).  A house rule I use is that you can carry your size in Heavy
weapons, and also carry your size in support weapons.
So: VTOL, Size 3, Armour2, Chin turret Gatling SAW, twin fixed Gatling
SAW,
2 x GMS/H.
The SAWs are better against infantry, as you get the full Impact rating
(instead of only d8 for heavy weapons at dispersed targets).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E Next: Re: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E