Prev: RE: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E Next: RE: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

Re: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

From: "Z. Lakel" <zlakel@t...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:55:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E

<Snip>

> > Morter Section
> > 4 tubes with 2 crew each  What size morter would be appropriate?
> > Transported in 2 AV-6's
> The man-portable version.

But what mm would that be? Just trying to add 'realism.'

<Snip>

> > Support Squad
> > Squad Leader, 3 Marines w/ GMS/P (superior guidence), 2 Marines
> As an artifact of the rules, having more than 2 GMS is inefficient, as
you
> only get 2 fire actions per activation.  The third does give you
redundancy
> (or do what I do, and make every support marine carry 2 extra reloads
as
> part of their kit).

How I expected to deploy that squad was as 3 groups of 2 men each.
Esentially, 3 seperate squads of 2 men.  An idea my group's been
considering
using is having all fire against one perticular target use only one
action
regardless of what's being fired.

> > Stats for AV-6:
> > Size 2, Armor 1, Chin turret GAC/1 w/ Enh Firecon, Enh ECM, Space
for 7
> Marines
> VTOL I presume?

Er, yes.  oops.

> > Stats for AV-9
> > Size 3, Armor 1 (is 2 allowed?), Chin turret GAC/1, 2 Fixed GAC/1, 2
> GMS/H, all firecons superior, Sup ECM
> According to the construction rules, you have too many weapons (5
heavy
> weapons).  A house rule I use is that you can carry your size in Heavy
> weapons, and also carry your size in support weapons.
> So: VTOL, Size 3, Armour2, Chin turret Gatling SAW, twin fixed Gatling
SAW,
> 2 x GMS/H.
> The SAWs are better against infantry, as you get the full Impact
rating
> (instead of only d8 for heavy weapons at dispersed targets).

I abhore that rule about the # of weapons carried.  Still, it's a valid
point.	The weapons only fill 11 capacity though, I guess a point
defence or
something similar could be carried.  Is a PDS on a VTOL feasible RL
wise?

Zachariah Lakel

Prev: RE: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E Next: RE: [SG] UNSCMC Interface Company TO&E