Prev: Re: hills and deserts and rivers Next: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

RE: [Terrain] was RE: [SG] Game Pictures and sort of AAR

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:05:51 -0400
Subject: RE: [Terrain] was RE: [SG] Game Pictures and sort of AAR

Adrian said:
>They come in a variety
of thicknesses, from 1" up to 2 or 3".

Up to 4ft wide.  At least down to 1/2", possibly 3/8" thick.  And... you
can get it at least 8" thick!  In this thickness it's called a
"floatation
baulk" and you should be able to track it down at a marine supply place.

>The material itself is, I believe, expanded polyethylene.

Polystyrene, you mean.	Polyethylene is what they make milk jugs (and
some
plastic figures) from and it's a pain to paint.

>This stuff is really easy to cut

in a ventilated area

>Anyway, once it is sanded, sealed and basecoated, you can paint with a
green colour, and when that is dry, glue on flock.

I've heard that if you skim on a thin layer of plaster and give that a
little texture (eg pat it with paper towels when it has a tacky
consistency), that helps.  I think this is mentioned on the Schild en
Vriend website

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: hills and deserts and rivers Next: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...