Prev: Re: [FT] Command and Control Next: RE: [Terrain] was RE: [SG] Game Pictures and sort of AAR

Re: hills and deserts and rivers

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:01:04 +0200
Subject: Re: hills and deserts and rivers

----- Original Message -----
Some more ideas

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>

> Mike Sarno showed me the grassmat he uses.
> He took an green felt and then used either
> brown and black markers or paints to mark it
> up. It looks good once you add other terrain
> onto it.
>
> I too will be doing a desert mat soon.

Another idea that requires little effort and results in a easily
portable
mat: With the recent fashion for camo-patterned clothing among young
people,
look out for a stretch of camouflage cloth at a shop. The stuff comes in
various interesting colour combinations suitable for desert,  winter or
exotic environments. Blue ground with oarange stretches of lava can be
found. Get somebody to sew up the edges so they won't fray. I got myself
'Flecktarn' patterned tablecloth that makes effective temperate terrain.

> 3) Rivers

What I used as base material for rivers and roads is rubber sheet used
for
lining garden ponds. Rather more solid than felt, but still flexible
enough
to go over hills.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [FT] Command and Control Next: RE: [Terrain] was RE: [SG] Game Pictures and sort of AAR