Prev: [FT] Blake's 7 Ship Stats (clean stamp) Next: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"

Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

From: Mark Reindl <markreindl@y...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:05:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

--- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

> > GOT IT?  figured it t now?	it is very on topic
> and useful to model
> > gaming NPC	personas on real life  folks.
>
> The occasional mention of historical events or
> personailies can be
> appropiate.

Agreed here.  There was no mention in the original
message about how topical it was.  Any explanation of
that really ought to be self-contained within the
post.

> Long-winded, heated, SHOUTING, flame wars about
> historical or present-day
> political matters, especially if laced with weak
> arguments and half-truths
> are not.
>
> The idea of a separate political/historical/military
> dscussion list sounds
> better every day.

We could/should do that.  I won't subscribe (I've been
attempting to keep any comments I've had of recent
threads offlist, as those I've emailed can attest to.
However, should there be a list like that, I won't
subscribe.  I just wish people (yes, myself included
at times) could/would show some self-control and just
leave the crap off the list.  Unfortunately, I suppose
some will just never get the message.  I don't mind
the historical discussions (i.e. what if the Russians
had done this instead of that?), but the political
sniping is waaaaaay over the top, on all sides.

Mark

> Greetings
> Karl Heinz

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Prev: [FT] Blake's 7 Ship Stats (clean stamp) Next: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"