Prev: Re: [OT] AMERICAN bases Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

[FT] Blake's 7 Ship Stats (clean stamp)

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:59:49 +0100
Subject: [FT] Blake's 7 Ship Stats (clean stamp)

Well, I double checked the statistics for Blake's 7 ships I posted a
while back - it appears that a systematic error crept in somewhere :-(

Revised Statistics:

Liberator/Spaceworld Deep Space Vessel
Hull Mass	436,210 tons
Length		912.12m
Height		485.44m
Width		534.28m

Starburst Class Pursuit Ship
Hull Mass	97,000 tons (estimated)
Length		439.91m
Height		187.27m
Width		282.01m

Federation Supreme Headquarters
Hull Mass	lots!
Diameter	5,930.28m
Height		675.65m

Small Pursuit Ship (shown inside Supreme HQ)
Hull Mass	15,500 tons (estimated)
Length		212m (estimated)
Height		90m (estimated)
Width		136m (estimated)

Class 16 Transport (Prison Ship 'London')
Hull Mass	2,972 tons
Length		54.71m
Height		25m
Width		35m

Wanderer II Planet Hopper (Scorpio)
Hull Mass	4,752 tons
Length		102.72m
Height		34.75m
Width		42.67m

Spaceworld Patrol Ship
Hull Mass	89,000 tons (estimated)
Length		620.57m
Height		143.21m
Width		145.04m

Looking at the hull mass values, a conversion to FT MASS of 1000 tons =
1 MASS seems to give a suitable range:

Liberator	436 MASS
Starburst Class 97 MASS
Sm. Pursuit Ship	16 MASS
Class 16	3 MASS
Scorpio 	5 MASS
SW Patrol Ship	89 MASS

This is ok for the big ships, (but the Liberator is a bit _too_ big!)
but the small ships (Class 16, Scorpio) tend to drop into the 'small
craft' classification.

Suggestions on statting them up:

Liberator (and Spaceworld Patrol Ship) - could follow Nick Garbetts
suggestion, and use Sa'Vasku rules (gulp!)
Maybe invent a new system to represent the 'power banks', say 1 MASS
hold 2 power, costs 2 points. Needs separate power generation to
re-charge.
Force Wall - use 2 screen nodes for now.
Weapons - 3 stingers for Liberator (1 for patrol ship)
+ 1 pod launcher to represent 'Missiles' & 'Surface Bolts' using
suitable pods from the WDA.
+ lots of hull & maybe layered armour

Federation Pursuit Ships:
Standard human hulls, drives, etc. level-1 screens at most, no armour.
Weapons - Plasma Bolt launchers or Pulse Torpedoes

Scorpio
Need special rules for photonic drive :-)

Charles
--

Prev: Re: [OT] AMERICAN bases Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING