Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: GENERAL WINDER

[OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:44:06 +0200
Subject: [OT]Cobb's "Target Lock"

Hello everybody

I hope this is not too far off-topic...

Just started reading James Cobb's new thriller "Target Lock" and it
starts
off very promisingly.

A bunch of bogeyman pirates in sailing ships take over a factory
satellite !

No it's not a fantasy novel a thriller about near-future naval warfare,
but,
like Cobb's other novels "Choosers of the Slain", "Storm Dragon",
"Seafighter", . I liked all his other novels, exciting reads,
interesting
and original limited war-scenarios - no "Save the universe (or the USA )
from a fate worse than death" as in so many other books of the genre,
and
the good guys have to fight for their success. In spite of the Americans
high tech and naval skills, clever enemies and difficult circumstances
give
them a hard time.

But why write this before I have red more than a few pages ?

I have a question.

The book is dedicated to :
'the diverse group of authors, artists and creations that have both
given me
great pleasure and lent inspiraiton to the world of Amanda Garrett'
[US Navy Captain Amanda Garrett is the heroine of Cobb's book]
'Ian Fleming and James Bond
Peter O'Donnel and Modesty Blaise

James H.Schmitz and Trigger Argee
Norman Reilly Raine Raine and Tugboat Annie Brennan
Shoji Kawamori, Haruhiko Mikimoto and Misa Hayase'

Now, I'm familiar with the works of Fleming and O'Donnel, but the other
names are new to me.
Can anyone enlighten me ?

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING Next: GENERAL WINDER