Prev: Re: MURPHY AT WAR Next: RE: [FT] Scaling up for RPG play

Re: Big Games

From: "Nick and Laurel Caldwell" <clcaldwell@k...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 21:11:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Big Games

Not to mention the popular Pirates games at each of the last two
conventions.  Eight players each year with an average of 2 each year
having
played Stargrunt or FMA.  Both scenarios finished at or before the 4
hour
time limit.  The only problem the first year was that the zombies were
too
darned slow!

I used about 6 figures per player.  I would suggest keeping things
simple,
though.   One thing I've learned about both convention and role-playing
games is to keep things simple -- the players will add more than enough
complexity.  The game can still be complex -- last years convention game
give each side its own victory condition and had 4 players on a side.  I
then gave each of the players their own objective in addition to the
team
objective.  This made for a lot of interaction while still allowing the
game
to flow smoothly.  (Kudos to my playtesters for helping me out with that
one!)

Nicholas Caldwell
clcaldwell@kreative.net