Prev: Re: [FT] back to fighters Next: RE: [FT] Fighter combat

Re: no more Geo-Hex with GZG?

From: Henrix <henrix@b...>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 13:13:06 +0200
Subject: Re: no more Geo-Hex with GZG?

At 10:56 2002-05-11 +0100, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >So no distributors in the USA will be carrying GZG products?
>
>Not at the moment.
>
> >My store cannot order GZG products at wholesale prices?
>
>Yes, you can - direct from us.
>We're happy to supply to bona-fide games stores at trade prices.

Which, judging from my experience of FLGSs here in Sweden, not as good
as
being able to buy from distributors (like Chessex, Alliance, etc.).
Even if you can buy at good prices directly from the manufacturer, you
cannot do that as often as you buy from a distributor carrying stuff
from
many manufacturers.
It could mean that you only stock up on GZG stuff a couple of times a
year,
while you buy from the distributor every week or so.
You have to be _really_ dedicated to keep GZG stuff on the shelves under

those circumstances.
At least here in Sweden, many stores buy solely from distributors (and
Grimes Orkshop, of course). They don't even consider buying directly
from
all different manufacturers, as it is not viable. The volumes are too
small.

I know GeoHex sold stuff through those channels, and perhaps you could
get
the distributors to buy directly from GZG. I think you need to, if you
want
GZG to be available in game stores.
Talk to them, perhaps you can offer them better prices than GeoHex used
do. But you'll probably have to put things in blister packages, as well,

before your products are attractive to stores and distributors. (You
have
to be able to display the stuff to sell it.)

I don't know what distributors there are out there these days. I used to

have an idea of which were selling to Sweden, but I don't these days.
Perhaps Glen can help you there.

____
Henrix

P.S. Thanks for the speedy delivery, Jon. I must say GZG has the best
mail

Prev: Re: [FT] back to fighters Next: RE: [FT] Fighter combat