Prev: Re: [FT] 2 topics: Tournaments and back to fighters Next: Re: no more Geo-Hex with GZG?

Re: [FT] back to fighters

From: Henrix <henrix@b...>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 12:33:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] back to fighters

At 10:44 2002-05-11 +0200, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:
>While I don't like the idea that only a limited number of fighters can
>attack in a game turn (poor PSB), the suggested variant that fighters
must
>attack ships in waves of 6 (?) squadrons is quite attractive. PDS
wouldn't
>be able to shoot at more than one squadron per wave, but could shoot
again
>at the next wave. Any number of waves can attack in a turn.
>PSB would be that it's hard to coordinate large numbers of fighters and
that
>the PDS would have time to reload/reacquire targets between the
incoming
>waves.

That is a very good suggestion. Doesn't change anything else than what
is
broken. Easy to implement, just group all fighter squadrons in groups of

six when attacking. Perfect!

(Don't know who suggested it first, I can't recall seeing it before.)

____

Prev: Re: [FT] 2 topics: Tournaments and back to fighters Next: Re: no more Geo-Hex with GZG?