Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: [FT,DS] Alternate setting

Re: FB designs & fighters

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:48:38 -0700
Subject: Re: FB designs & fighters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@att.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 10:36 AM

> Right now the only way to be effective against a min-maxed fleet is to
come in
> with fighters. This gives those of us who don't particularly want to
fight
> with huge numbers of fighters to produce a fleet using a different
philosophy
> and still have a good game against min-maxed designs. A 5000 point
fleet
> should be effective against a 5000 point fleet. Right now, a 5000
point
fleet
> made up of soap bubble carriers is _far_ more effective than any other
kind of
> fleet. All that's being suggested is that a 5000 point fleet of ships
made
up
> of balanced designs have at least a fighting chance against a 5000
point
soap
> bubble carrier fleet. Right now it does not.

To paraphrase a certain Jedi... "Use the scatterguns, Luke.  Let go..."

Seriously.  Follow a fleet doctrine that revolves around scattergun use.
 If
you want to make it simple, build yourself a SDN design that costs 1000
points and brings 45 scatterguns each.	If the soap bubbles bring
standard
fighters, by my calculations you'll have about 90 scatterguns to spare.
If
they bring heavies, you'll need all of them and they'll have about three
or
four fighters left after the dogpile -- not squadrons, individual
FIGHTERS.
Either way, you win the battle for free.

Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: [FT,DS] Alternate setting