Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: Re: RE: Re: Fighters

[FT,DS] Alternate setting

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 15:52:54 -0700
Subject: [FT,DS] Alternate setting

OK, for a while I've been talking about my own alternate setting, and
making
allusions to a plan to actually flesh it out.  So here goes.  I'm going
give a quick run-down of where things are in the world of my setting,
and
concentrate later on history, PSB, and any house rules meant to fit the
game(s) to the setting.  Any input is appreciated, as much of the world
os
still under construction:

Most of the setting information now is centered around North America, I
plan
on developing other regions later.  The world is less conglomerated and
more
balkanized than the Tuffleyverse.  The United States and Canada have
more or
less fallen apart, and their component states/provinces realigned into
new
nations.  While the breakups were peaceful, things do not remain so
between
these smaller NA states.

In the states, the upper midwest, along with the Northern Tier of the
original 13, remain the USA.

The South is in turmoil.  The move after the breakup was to crecreate
the
Confederacy, but you can imagine how well that went over with the
African
American population.  in the long run, the reconfederates won, but at
the
cost of much bloodshed.  much of the ethnic population fled north, or to
the
region of Southern Florida and the Carribean, which now bills itself as
the
nation of Atlantis (This nation includes Puerto Rico, Cuba, Jamaica,
Hispaniola, as well as the Bahamas, VI's, and several permanent
underwater
habitats).  The reconfederates were most shocked by the choice by Texas
NOT
to join a new Confederacy, but to return to their own republic - one
that
includes portions of Oklahoma and New Mexico.  The rest of those 2
states,
along with Arizona and much of the plains and mountain states, as well
as
many portions of Werstern Canada are a Native American federation.  Utah
and
areas around it are the Mormon theocracy of Deseret.  Parts of
California
and Nevada make up the California Republic, while Northern CA, Oregon,
Washington, and BC make up Cascadia.  Ontario and other portions of
central
Canada have remaind Upper Canada, while PEI is once again a crown colony
of
England (Not Britain, more at 6).  Novia Scotia is part of the Celtic
union,
along with portions of the rest of the Maritimes (the rest are part of
U.C.).	Quebec is "Independent", but relies heavily on French support.

In Europe, the only part I've touched on is:

Scotland, Wales, and Ireland are now both entirely separated from the
UK,
and have formed The Celtic Union along with the aforementioned
ex-Canadian
provinces.  Doe to increased nationalism in France, the Celtic
population of
Brittany, feeling extremely persecuted, are fighting for their freedom
from
France, with CU assistance.  England, which has gotten over losing the
rest
of Britain quite well, is actually siding with the Celts, especially
since
France's support of Quebec threatens PEI and England's still-loyal close

friend, Upper Canada (the Quebecois have a tendency to make forays
against
their neighbors, whenever their army is feeling sufficiently froggy.
Pun
intended).  France also has her hands full with the Basque, asdoes
Spain.
Other than that, I haven't touched on Europe yet.  In the Pacific, the
only
thing I've decided is that the former US state of Hawaii has aligned
itself
with Oceania, due to the shared Polynesian cultures.

That's it so far.  More as my fevered brain comes up with it.

3B^2

Prev: Re: FB designs & fighters Next: Re: RE: Re: Fighters