Prev: Re: wandering [OT] [was: B5 Ship Figures] Next: Re: FB designs & fighters

Re: FB designs & fighters

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:36:59 -0700
Subject: Re: FB designs & fighters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Books" <books@jumpspace.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 7:15 AM

> On  6-May-02 at 07:45, Eric Foley (stiltman@teleport.com) wrote:
> > Mass 250
> > Average hull, thrust 2, FTL
> > 4 Firecons
> > 4 SMLs, 3 salvoes each
> > 4 SMRs
> > 3 Class-3 beams, 3 arcs (spread to front/right/left)
> > 10 Class-2 beams, 6 arcs
> > 21 PDS

> Any decent FSE player would have a reasonable shot against this.  It
> has so little thrust FSE can't miss with SMs.  You are going to
> waste most of your SMs trying to hit fast moving and maneuverable
> ships.

Against the FSE, there is no combination of ships they can bring at
similar
cost that can throw enough SMs past 21 PDS to truly bother me before
they
run out of ammunition, supporting fighters buying a paltry few missile
hits
with their lives, or both.  And in a beam fight, this ship beats
anything
the FSE has at similar cost for free... any SM hits I get in response
are
just an added gift that I won't really need in order to win.  If I
really
want to hedge and make sure, I can shave off a SMR and maybe a class-2
and
add some more PDS for it; my firepower superiority won't be
significantly
affected and their chances of getting any real missile hits go from
merely
slim to downright miniscule.

Prev: Re: wandering [OT] [was: B5 Ship Figures] Next: Re: FB designs & fighters