Prev: Re: AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG? Next: Re: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

Re: A thought about points systems

From: "Scott Watts" <scottwatts@c...>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 00:24:08 -0500
Subject: Re: A thought about points systems

Back when the original AH Squad Leader came out in 1977, John Hill
included
a cool scenario designer lnk to a deck of standard playing.

Each player drew a playing card and matched it to chart that gave a
pregenerated force. So if I drew a "10" I might get a short company and
no
support. My opponent would then draw maybe "2" and get a full infantry
company with massive support. Other cards were drawn for victory
conditions.

The sides were rarely "evenly matched" but the games were challenging.

typewriters, and email	is NOTHING like Shakespeare.