Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post.

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:30:26 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post.

Alan Brain wrote:

> > And I would like to try working with designs based on
> > contemporary high-tech tanks (such as Oerjan's estimation of
> > their having 8/2/1 front/side/rear armour values).
>
>8/2/1 is a reasonable approximation.
>
>Note that the side armour when hit at angles of attack of 60' and
>more has an effective strength more like 8 than 2.

Unless your vehicle is very long and narrow, shots which hit the side
with
an angle of attack of 60 degrees or more count as hitting the front
anyway
due to the "Angle of Attack" rule on p.32...

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points