Prev: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea Next: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:56:37 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

At 10:33 AM -0700 4/10/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:

>Nonetheless, at the end of its flight it still has to raise its
>altitude high enough to come down on the top of its target.  Given
>the level of technological advance we're assuming for game PSB, even
>that fraction of a second at an altitude even a meter or two higher
>than normal should make it easier for a PDS/ADS to recognize and
>kill such a missile than to hit a side-attack missile that stays low
>all the way to target.

Umm, nope. There isn't a pitch up per say, rather it flys directly
over the target (just above line of sight) and has the shaped charge
jet angled to the side of the missile (down on the target's roof.)
There isn't much of an arc in this missiles flight path.

see http://www.army-technology.com/projects/bofors/
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/rbs56-bill.htm
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea Next: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea