Prev: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: Dances With Rocks <kochte@s...>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 22:01:42 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Michael Llaneza wrote:

> John just found another reason why I like the capacity system in DS2
> pretty much as is.

Ya know, I find it interesting, Full Thrust uses what is essentially
a capacity (Mass) and points system to design starships, yet no one's
bitching about that.  ;-)  It's not perfect but it works pretty well.

As for capacity, you can miniaturize as much as you want, but at
some point you're just going to run out of room. So I feel the
capacity (call it "Mass" if you want) should remain in the design
considerations. As for miniaturization, that should come later,
after a base has been determined for various items, and probably
be a reflection of tech levels (the same thing has been discussed
periodically wrt Full Thrust weaponry - but boy, not to the extent
this thread has taken it! :-). But saying that's just beating a
defunct horse.

Anyway, it's been an interesting thread. Thanks. :-)  Gave me
some things to think about (and confirmed some other things
I've been doing :-).

Mk