Prev: RE: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic Next: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:00:18 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

G'day,

> Whole different issue than the design system, Beth.

Why? If you're trying to hide a soddingly huge tank with some device
(that
may well go belly up mid battle if hit with an exceptional shot) why
shouldn't that be part of the design system?

> If you want that kind of ability, then we need to consider a different
/damage/
> system.

The current damage system does a good job of representing it, though I
do
think the frequency could be dropped a bit and the backup systems
procedure
tweaked a bit.

> Of course, they have to be constructable to cover kinds of platforms
> you didn't consider in writing.  The things you can destroy on a grav
> tank are wholly different than those on an ATV, or even infantryman.

Assuming you have to go to that level of detail and its not just covered
in
a more abstract way by "systems down" etc effects.

I like the idea that sometimes tech will unintentionally work against
you
(e.g. the odd systems down). On the other hand when commanding that many
tanks/men etc I don't want to have to worry about whether it was the
left or
right rear blinker that just fell off the 23rd tank from the rear on the
left flank ;)

Cheers

Prev: RE: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic Next: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)