Prev: Re: DS3 points systems and features Next: Re: [DSII] Heresey

RE: DS3 points systems and features

From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@i...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:47:53 -0500
Subject: RE: DS3 points systems and features

My point was not to proscribe munchkinism with the construction system.
It
was to have the construction system push a means of identifying which
opposing units may be the most dangerous. A pure points system does not
do
this as the opponent can field both large, ineffective units and small,
extreemly effective ones in the same force. It would force me to use
maximum
force on each target rather than dividing my attacks with what I think
will
be sufficient force. Without some visual clue, I might as well be using
'A',
'B', and 'C' counters for the vehicles. A pure points system will
provide a
relative balance for the forces, but without a visual clue, you cannot
apply
the force in the best manner.

But perhaps social engineering is a better way to approach the problem.
<shrug>