Prev: RE: DS3 points systems and features Next: vehicle capacity

Re: [DSII] Heresey

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 19:51:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Heresey

At 03:08 PM 4/4/02 -0800, you wrote:

>--- John Crimmins <johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:
>
>> Nah.  Slow Painter Syndrome.  I don't get things
>> painted quickly enough to get blasé about them,
>> unfortunately.  Each one represents too damn much
>> work.  As a result, I treasure them as though they
>> were my own children.  My own tiny, immobile, I
>> don't have to send them to college and can put them
>> back in the box when I'm done paying with them
>> children.
>
>I take the following approach to painting my Roman
>microarmor:
>
>Spray 'em.
>
>Paint 'em dark grey.
>
>Paint on black stripes.
>
>Paint on light grey (actually more off-white) spots.
>
>In 2 hours, I can do a batallion.
>
>They don't look sexy, but who cares?

For years now, painting has been an end to itself; it's one of my chief
ways of relaxing.  Pop a book on tape into the stereo (or CD -- got Rob
Inglis reading _The Hobbit_ last night), get everything assembled, and
spend a few hours throwing paint around.  While I'm more than delighted
be gaming with the stuff again, I've gotten into the habit of being a
perfectionist.

And gaming for years with figures painted by an award-winning painter
tends
to have an effect on one.

Frankly, I need to bring a bit more balance to the equation.  Save the
detailed paint jobs for when they're needed.  I am getting better; it
only
took me a week to paint up some 80 Ogre minis last year.  For me, that's
speed painting.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: RE: DS3 points systems and features Next: vehicle capacity