Prev: Re: [DSII] hover bikes Next: Re: [SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs

Re: Reading Request.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:29:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Reading Request.

--- Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:

> Clancy and Heinlein write exactly the same sort of
> female characters, have
> you noticed? (Strawperson, surely?) The type can
> broadly be defined as
> "overachieving until hubby comes home"...

I'd take exception to this comment (re: RAH.  Clancy,
I would note, is not known for his relationship with
women) if you would elaborate a bit more.  Exactally
what do you mean?  Especially considering that some of
his more unbelievable female characters have more than
a few characteristics taken from his wife (who RAH
cheerfully described as 'far more intelligent and
capable than I am').  The sort of woman who, when they
decided to visit the Soviet Union on vacation, learned
conversational Russian in her spare time so they
wouldn't have to depend on government interpreters.

John

http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [DSII] hover bikes Next: Re: [SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs