Prev: [ECC] Parting Shots Next: Re: GZG ECC V

To Beth Fulton: Breathing magnanese

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:21:08 +0900
Subject: To Beth Fulton: Breathing magnanese

Sorry to use the list, but other people may be interested as well.
I don't seem to have Beth's address here, so I thought I'd just hang my
dirty laundry out for you all to see.

Beth, here's an interesting note on oxygen carriers... loads of web
sites.

Quote:
Recently a bacterium, Shewanella putrefaciens, has been found that uses
manganese rather than oxygen as an electron acceptor; that is, it is "a
manganese breather".

=====
Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.

- W. H. Auden, "Reading"
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: [ECC] Parting Shots Next: Re: GZG ECC V