Prev: RE: IJN/EDF Ships Next: RE: [DSII] infantry figures

RE: [FT] Shiva option/starfire designs

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:18:12 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Shiva option/starfire designs

On Tuesday, March 05, 2002 11:08 PM, Bif Smith
[SMTP:bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk] wrote:
> I have just finished reading the shiva option for the third time (only
got
> it on friday, after all), and was thinking of ways to replicate some
of
the
> systems/weapons used in said book in FT ship designs. I was
specifically
> reading the book about the "E" class suicide ships, and how to
represent
> their high dammage potential and ablity to destroy attacking fighters,
when
> I realised we already had a mechanic for such in the game system in
the
> shape of the PH plasma bolts.

Haven't seen the book here DownUnder yet, but...

Mass: 6
Hull: 1
MD: 6
4 x KV Scatterpacks

One hit means you sneeze at it, and it self destructs.	It's
non-combatant
after firing the scatterpacks, so simply remove from the table as if it
had
suicided.

Which brings up another matter.  Has anyone done any balanced rules for
ramming under FTFB?  The old hull based damage doesn't work with the
variable defence.
What about 1d6 damage per 10 Mass of the ship?

Brendan

Prev: RE: IJN/EDF Ships Next: RE: [DSII] infantry figures