Prev: Re: Near-Topic: G forces Next: RE: [DS] More help with infantry.

Re: [DSII] VTOL stands

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 12:41:41 -0800
Subject: Re: [DSII] VTOL stands

John Crimmins Wrote:

>Since the ingenuity of the list members has awed me on more than one
>occasion,
>I thought that I’d throw this out there:
>
>How do you guys paint/mount VTOL miniatures for DSII?	What kinds of
stands
>do
>you use?  Do you paint them on the stands, or attach them to something
>first?

I personally like the GZG VTOL stands.	They're a bit bulky but very
stable.
  I don't glue my VTOL's to their stands, in case I want to "land" them.

>(Normally, when I’m painting a figure I just use this wonderful stuff
>called “U-
>Knead-It” to attach it to a Popsicle stick.  The stuff holds it firmly,
but
>the
>miniature can simply be pulled off when you finish it -- no messing
about
>having to remove small bits of glue.  Doesn’t work quite so well when
you
>need
>to paint the underside, as well)

Use a bit on top of the stand itself, especially if there's a deep
enough
hole in the bottom of the VTOL.

>I’m trying to find a happy medium here.  I prefer clear stands, because

>they
>look the best on the table.  However, they also tend to be a bit
fragile,
>they’re a pain-in-the-butt to store with the tanks, and it can be
difficult
>*not* screw it up while painting the miniature.

If you go with hard wire or metal stands, you can always paint the base
ground colored and the post sky.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Near-Topic: G forces Next: RE: [DS] More help with infantry.