Prev: Re: Cage Rattling and Mindless Pratling Next: Re: [DSII] VTOL stands

Re: Near-Topic: G forces

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 12:40:24 -0800
Subject: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

Joe Haldeman. It's Starship Troopers updated from a Vietnam veteran's
perspective  His "War Year" is a terrific novel, and features combat
engineers -  and help's explain some of Mr Atkinson's world view given
what the engys go through.

On the topic of Gs, starships maneuver close to lightspeed at very high
accelerations. Crew and troops are put into fluid-filled acceleration
tanks, and there are also some implants for high-g adaption and, iirc a
blood replacement treatment to allow the human body to survive dozens of

g's for days. If everything works.