Prev: Re: [DSII] VTOL stands Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

Re: Cage Rattling and Mindless Pratling

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:34:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Cage Rattling and Mindless Pratling

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tomb" <tomb@dreammechanics.com>

> [Tomb] And every army has some of them, and some that aren't so hot.
This
is just same old same old.

Certainly true. I've a fair number of both in the Bundeswehr, too. And
heard
stories... Like the one about the NCO who went out to check if the guys
on
night guard (with live ammo) duties were up to scratch, and didn't
answer
when they challenged him....

While we are exchanging war stories. I was in the Luftwaffe. During a
ground-defence exercise, my Unteroffizier (red team) destroyed an
"enemy"
headquarters all by himself: Took of his jacket with the red armband,
carried it non-chalantly over his (full-length) rifle, went up to the
guards, chatted them up, went in and started spraying the HQ with
"bullets"...

Or this one: Some time ago 'Hamburger Abendblatt' - my local paper -
gleefully reported the
exploit of a German missile craft squadron:

During a recent NATO exercise off Corsica, a squadron of 6 German
missile
boats pulled a fast one on a NATO task force of 50 mostly French,
Italian
and Spanish vessels. In a night operation, the boats (including
'Frettchen',
'Dachs' and 'Sperber', most technically obsolete) imitated fishing
vessels,
drifting slowly towards the task force. The task force ignored them
until it
was too late. The simulated attack 'sank' nine NATO vessels. The spiffy
new
French aircraft carrier 'Charles de Gaulle' took to its heels.

Might make for on interesting FT scenario, too.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [DSII] VTOL stands Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces