Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 15:28:15 +0100
Subject: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
> > The baby boom would draw some females out of the
> > pool during pregnancy
>
> That depends entirely on the work I'd say. I wasn't exactly upto major
> lifting, but I was walking 2+km a day and working full time (OK on
> computers, not tending fields) until the day before each of my kids
was
> born. Once they were born I was back at work after 2 weeks (mind you
Derek
> is Mr Mum and I was either at Uni or working from home like now).

I have read discussions of pregnancy in primitive societies and often
women
might be tending the fields a few days before and after giving birth.
And
no, don't ask me about the rates of miscarriages and the infant
mortality
:-(

> > Emergency transport - ambulance service - probably could be
> > serviced by 10 or 20 teams total, but must be maintained 24/7
> > so count them as a three man team times 3 shifts - another
> > 180 personnel plus maintenance for their vehicles.
>
> Unless of course some of the positions are done by volunteers in their
"down
> time" (then entire period covered between them), as is the case in
rural
> Tasmania.

It's even the same here in rural areas of Germany. The "Voluntary
firefighters" deal with all kinds of emergencies. Only in catastrophic
cases
do they call in outside help.

Greetings

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON