Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters Next: RE: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:30:10 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

From: "Roger Burton West" <roger@firedrake.org>

> Here's my transforming fighter proposal...

> The fighter has three modes: Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid. It is not
> possible to change directly between F and B modes; one intermediate
turn
> must be spent in G mode. A mode change must be plotted at the same
time
> as ship movement, and takes effect immediately (before fighter
> movement); it is assumed that the entire fighter group changes mode
> simultaneously. Mode changes do not consume CEF. However, multimode
> fighters may only be launched from ships in their F mode (thus using
> conventional hangar bays).

I like the basic concept, but it's too complex with lots of additional
rules.

How about the following simplification:

F mode - behaves like an interceptor
G mode - behaves like a standard fighter.
B mode - behaves like an attack fighter.

Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters Next: RE: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)