Prev: Re: colonial tech Next: Re: In praise of St Jon.

Re: In praise of St Jon.

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:55:58 +0000
Subject: Re: In praise of St Jon.

>     I would like to publicly	commend Jon and GZG for his costumer
>service.  I forgot to put the expiration date on the order and when he
>didn't get a reply to the email he sent he called from England to
Western
>NY, a 5 hour difference, to get it so he can finish the order.  There
are
>stores around here that wouldn't even have bothered with the email.
They
>would have just waited for me to call to find out were the order was.
This
>level of customer care is sadly laking nowadays.  This and the fact
that
>the VAT discount almost covered my shipping is definitely making me
want to
>order from him again.
>     The only problem I have is when he told me what the final cost is
he
>gave it to me in X Pounds, Y Shillings.  What is a Shilling?

It was pounds and PENCE, actually.... we stopped using shillings in the
early 70s.
Just like US currency, 1 UK pound = 100 pence.

;-)

Jon (GZG)

PS: thanks for the kind words -- we do our best; in this case it was in
OUR
best interests too - you want the goods, and we want your money!!  <BIG
GRIN!>