Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: Re:1900's was: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: In praise of St Jon.

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:55:58 +0000
Subject: Re: In praise of St Jon.

>>	The only problem I have is when he told me what the final cost
>is he
>> gave it to me in X Pounds, Y Shillings.  What is a Shilling?
>
>"A fraction of a pound."  Given that a pound is about $1.50 (more or
>less, haven't looked lately) and that your credit card will convert it
>to dollars, I'd say don't worry about it.
>
>By the way, as I understand it, if you don't have an expiration date
>for a card, you can put in the current month--as long as the date you
>put is less than the month on the card, the transaction will go
>through.  I've tried it a few times and not had a problem.

Hmmmmm.... I've not actually tried that through our PDQ terminal, but
frankly I'd be very surprised if this is the case; AFAIK, the expiry
date
isn't JUST an expiry for the card, it also acts as a check number
against
the validity of the card number (ie: if card number and expiry date
don't
tally with the records, the transaction is rejected as either wrong or
dodgy.....).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: Re:1900's was: COLONIAL WEAPONS