Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:14:20 -0000
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:01:24 +0000
> From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.keme.co.uk>
>
> >--- Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.keme.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Latest news......
> >>
> >> All the new Jap ship classes (BDN, SDN, CVL, plus a
> >> couple of little ones -
> >> CT and FF) that have so far been sculpted went in
> >> their pre-prod mould
> >> today, and I'm happy to report all have come out
> >> fine!!
> >>
> >> I'm actually REALLY pleased with the way they look -
> >> very
> >> techno-Anime-style

Nice examples of the Neo Gun Plank school of ship architecture.

> But while on the point, who among you would LIKE to see a
> PAU fleet? Or a
> Romanov one? Or Indonesian? Or LLAR? Or Dutch,
> Scandinavian, New Indian
> Republic, Free People's Democratic Republic of Central Rutland,
> whatever.....?  ;-)

The interstellar pirates of the Brethren of the Rim. Ninja Rocketships
as modeled by a Captain Harlock's Arcadia and various refitted WW2
battleships.

Or a hardcore American anti-NAC Resistance/Terrorist fleet in the
style of early Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon.

> From: "Shawn" <krowbis@dsl-only.net>
> I would definitely bite in to the idea of a Scandinavian fleet....go
space
> Vikings!

Large spheres are a pain to cast, ones with weapon towers and an
equatorial engine ring bulge, backed up by traditionalist flying
saucer designs might appeal.

Radically streamlined Tear drops would be cool. Even if they would
tempt me to overuse coruscating and starkly.

New Indian Republic, would this be Vedic Flying Pyramids? or some very
aerodynamic sharp shapes al la Renegade Legion and Gunbuster?

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS