Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:28:52 -0500
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

At 3:08 PM -0800 1/28/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>The other objection I have to laser rifles specifically for
>colonists has to do with the types of targets that they might be
>facing.  If I'm staring down a ravenous blugbatter beast, I want
>some stopping power.  Burning a hole in it might not stop something
>big and dumb.	transferring a significant amount of kinetic energy
>has it's perks.

Think wounding power. Its trauma that makes a beast fall down and
die. Not kinetic energy per say. Tranferring lots of energy into the
head of a cape buffalo that is willing to thump that head after a
full run into solid objects like cars doesn't do you much good.
Putting something that will tear his heart and lungs to shreads and
make him stop moving will make him drop.

When dropping a man or beast, you are looking to cause traumatic
blood loss. Not  a massive kick in the chest or thigh.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS