Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:03:27 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

John Atkinson wrote:

> > I've decided to mix the old, romanticized uses of
> > Cavalry with more modern
> > uses to come up with CasCav's three main missions:
> > Recon in Force for main
> > forces, Rapid deployment/response, and Planetary
> > Colony Garrisons
>
>Hussars, Dragoons, Grenzers?

Hussars and Dragoons I'm familiar with, but Grenzers I'm not.  That's an

option I hadn't considered, though.

> > CasCav does include Infantry, but all PA.  For roles
> > where their mission
> > mirrors the Armor/MechInf roles, the basic packs are
> > a tank and APC pack.
> > For LRP/Garrison/Recon roles, the pack will be more
> > of a MICV/Merkava type
> > pack.  Any suggestions/Comments?
>
>OK, given that you want reasonably armament and a
>infantry complement which must be PA:
>
>It'll take 8 capacity points for 1 team.
>You want a size 1 weapon (MDC, likely because Grav has
>FGP anyway) for direct fire.  3 cap points.
>And either GMS/L and 2 APSWs or GMS/H.  I personally
>like the 2 APSWs and the GMS/L.  You've got hellacious
>capability vs. light armor and infantry.  Since you're
>mostly fighting enemy recon assets, and fighting
>delaying actions vs. his main force you don't need the
>smack-down ability of the GMS/H.  If tanks show up,
>you're going to be outclassed anyway, so why tempt
>fate by giving your cav troopers the illusion of being
>tank hunters?

All good points.  The only downside is if I follow the 1 item/class
rule.
That means My PA element is 1, the MDC 1 is another, I have enough left
for
one more item.	I'm tempted to use the GMSH, just because there's room
(HR
states the MDC 1 counts as a second APSW, so that's covered).  As for
the
temptation to be tank hunters, that's a tough call - hopefully it can be

trained out.

2B^2

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers