Prev: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down? Next: [FH] Campaign game

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:09:54 -0600
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

What about a plain'ol future tech LASER rifles?

Assuming that energy storage technology or LASER technology makes a few
'jumps' (just as we assume for gauss technology) why not arm these
colonials
with with LASER weapons?

LASER weapons would NEVER require ammo.  Just a recharge from the local
power grid/solar cells and perhaps a replacement of a few components
(only
needed after significant use) and they are ready to go again.  LASER
rifles
might pack a lesser punch, but they should be pretty reliable, do decent

damage, have good range and zero recoil.  Also packing a lesser punch is
not
always a bad thing when arming colonist (ie they will think twice about
facing the local armored regulars or PA).  And IMO LASER rifles should
not
be out of the tech ability of an average colony to produce/maintain.

Just my 2 cents, but IMHO a light/medium LASER rifle beats them .

Scott