Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

[FH] Campaign game

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:38:05 -0500
Subject: [FH] Campaign game

  The discussion of colonial weapons eventually got me to thinking abt a
campaign game for grunts--basically the economic /political background
for FMA Brigade.  Now, since it's for gropos, we need to keep it pretty
simple...  <vbg>  ...so I was thinking of one stat for the population,
which is (until I think of a better word for it, suggestions welcome)
Orneriness.  A population with a high Ornery rating will tend to have a
low population density, be a comparatively poor source of revenue, and
be a good source of partisans when fighting invaders.  A population with
a low rating (aka Sheep) tend to cluster in cities, pay their taxes, and
surrender on demand.
  Right now I'm thinking of units of 10,000 people and 10,000 km^2--in
part because that seems about the most that a company could be expected
to police.

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......