Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: Metal Storm

RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:15:19 +0100
Subject: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Binhan Lin wrote:

>Actually the better number is 25%
>
>Chance of absolute kill is increased from 50% to 75%, an increase of
25%.

>Saying that it is an increase of 50% in chance to kill is a little
misleading.

No, it isn't. If the MDC/4 hits at 20 targets with Armour/5, it will
K-kill
on average 10 of them. An MDC/5 hitting those same 20 targets will
K-kill
on average 15 of them. 15 K-kills are 50% more than 10 K-kills - and it
is
the actual number of kills that are important.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: Metal Storm