Prev: Ranks and Insignia - "real" armies and HH universe... Next: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:12:50 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Brian B2 wrote:

>>That is to say, "when the MDC/4 has a ~50% chance of K-killing the
target
>>in case of a hit, the MDC/5 has ~75% chance" :-/ (Figures taken from
the
>>close range case)
>
>So the MDC 5 gives you a 50% increase in kill likelihood, for a 25%
>increase in capacity and cost... sounds like a bargain.

But only against Armour/5 targets and above. Against lighter targets the

gap is much smaller. Still, the dominant threat drives the design :-/

>>>In addition, when calculating the difference in lethality, did John
take
>>>into consideration the difference in Range?
>>
>>That difference is pretty minor - only 6". It matters in open terrain,
but
>>not in close terrain where you aren't likely to have many 3+km lines
of
>>sight (ie., 30" on the table) anyway.
>
>A range which, while not the norm, happens often enough to justify the
>increase to the MDC 5.

OK.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Ranks and Insignia - "real" armies and HH universe... Next: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.