Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: potpourri

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:07:56 EST
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:52:20 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:
<snip>
>Sure.	If the US Army could get say, 1/10th the budget
>that is sunk into that verdammt F-22 program for our
>procurement, maybe we could afford such a thing.

All you ground pounders want *more* CAS stuff! <grin>

Ever heart the apocryphal  story about the Russian... Sorry, Soviet...
generals who met in Paris after the glorious victory (It's a 1970's
joke)
and one said sadly  to the other, "Did you hear?  We lost the Air War!"
And the other general said, Well, two out of three ain't bad."

But John, Once the USAF F-22 clears the air (all one of them at the
mythical projected cost) of enemy aircraft then the enemy '...without
air
support..." will surrender lest the single Navy or Marine F-22 (depends
on what day it is in the week) bombs them...

It must be true, it's doctrine! <grin>

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com