Prev: Re: More detail added to ships... Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Re: Merc Guild

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:54:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Merc Guild

> >Because it's true (leaving aside production, logistical and
strategic
> >movement problems for the Tigers).
>
> Whoa!  Germans in Europe had "...strategic movement problems.." that
> Americans across the Atlantic had less of?  Please clarify what you
> wrote?  I'm confused - well, more then normal...

a) the allies weren't too concerned with the Luftwaffe shooting up
their vehicles
b) the Tiger was pretty heavy and IIRC had problems with some bridges

Yes, it took a while to get any particular box from New York to
Calais, but the Allies had a lot of boxes and by 1944 they weren't all
that worried about having them sunk en route.

Prev: Re: More detail added to ships... Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels